Stirling/Brown Architects, Inc. of Winchester, Massachusetts is a professional design firm offering services in architecture, historic renovation and restoration, interior design and space planning for institutional, commercial and residential clients. Since incorporation in 1986 by Leslie I. Brown, AIA and David W. Stirling, AIA, the projects of Stirling/Brown Architects, Inc. have received numerous awards.
David Stirling Principal
" It turned out finding an architect wasn't as tough as you would think. We asked around and one name kept coming up. David Stirling... "
- Steve Thomas, This Old House
Award Winning Designs
The firms has received a number of awards over the years including, a Merit Award for Urban Design from the Boston Society of Landscape Architects, Public Housing Awardfrom The Boston Preservation Alliance, and a Restaurant & Hotel Design Award from International Magazine.
Celebrating 30 Years!
Founded in 1986 the firm has been featured on TV by HGTV’sBefore & After, and PBS’s This Old House. We have also been highlighted in print in the Boston Globe and in Hospitality Design Magazine. Spanning 30 years we have seen the design landscape change and are excited about the future of architecture.
Today’s buildings should be designed as “Green”, with principals of sustainability, in order to remain viable over their expected lifetimes. We are committed to deliver options to our clients, in an effort to reduce energy consumption and save money, during the design process.
- Using energy efficient products like lighting, appliances, windows, doors, water saving fixtures and heating & cooling systems during renovation and construction
- Adjusting the building orientation for not only optional lighting throughout the day, but also harnessing the energy from the sun to heat and cool your home
- We are firm believers in investing in renewable energy from solar, and wind as well as promoting buying local products that support your community
- Advising on the right insulation type for your application we ensure that both energy and noise remain in check
We must all take responsibility for our choices and the stewardship of this beautiful, natural world.